Fried, Stuffed Sweet Mini Peppers



fried-stuffed sweet-mini-peppers-appetizer-snack-side-dish-fried-easy-party-tea


The proverb " Good things come in small packages" can be applied to mini sweet peppers. These are high in taste and flavour compared to their size. They are mildly sweet and juicy with a crunchy texture and are a good source of Vitamin C and beta carotene


 Mini sweet peppers are immediately finished as soon as they find some place in my fridge, but this time they had been lying idle for a week before I thought of a way to deal with them. I mostly add them into my salads. This time I wanted to cook them, so I stuffed them with a filling and fried them up.


They turned out great just as I had expected, fried stuffed peppers are now my family favourite, even my son likes them and he is one of the pickiest eater you would ever encounter. These bite sized morsels of pleasure will take you to another world.


I like to keep the ingredients as simple as I can unless complications are impossible to avoid. The filling is a simple cheese filling, I have used an egg less batter composed only of flour and water. The use of bread crumbs lends a crispy crust which creates a sensational texture with the soft cheesy center.


Fried, stuffed mini peppers can be used as an appetizer or a side dish. They are bite sized so easy to pack in kid's lunch boxes and may even be served  for tea like pakoras.

Cooking Time: 10-20 mins     ☻     Serves: 4     ☻     Difficulty : Easy     ☻     Type: appetizer, snack


IngredientsQuantiy
 mini sweet peppers8-10      
cream cheese1/2 cup
mozzarella cheese1/4 cup
grated parmesan cheese1/4 cup
flour4-5 tbsp
waterenough to make a batter
bread crumbsas needed
saltas needed
black pepper powder1 tsp
oilfor frying


Prepare the peppers by making a vertical slit starting from the tip to the base.




Prepare the filling by combining cream cheese with mozzarella and parmesan, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.



Prepare the batter by dissolving the flour in enough water to make a runny batter. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Stuff the peppers with the prepared filling.




Dip in the batter.



Roll in bread crumbs.


Fry on medium heat until crispy and light golden brown.


Serve hot with your favourite condiment.


Comments