Cardamom and Rose White Hot Chocolate

Cardamom and Rose White Hot Chocolate


cardamom-and rose-hot-white-chocolate-winter-drinks-hot-warm-recipes

I once had a chance to sample Italian country life that I had always dreamed of. We rented a house located in a small town in  Bologna (Italy) in the midst of pine trees. The garden was very large with wooden benches all around it and that made an idyllic setting for the long summer evenings. In summers we preferred dining al fresco but in winters the whole scenario would change.


The solitude and silence of the country side was very peaceful.We had this fire place called "camino" in Italian language and that was the focal point of the house. Building a wood fire in the camino was the most interesting part of winter for me. Watching the flames of wood fire, I used to wonder whether they were chasing each other or were trying to get ahead of one another.

Mostly I used to do my wood fire gazing with a cuppa of Masala Chai or my preferred hot white chocolate drink. Ah! the allure of chocolate, It's mystical scent and the robust aroma, the snow clad mountains surrounded by pine trees, was all that I needed to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.

This year it is as cold as always and there's no wood fire but I have hot chocolate to lighten up the gloomy evenings of December. This time I want to bring the warmth of the East into my hot chocolate recipe so I am making it with cardamom and rose water. Believe me these two flavours will make the hot chocolate super enticing. Try the recipe and do let me know if you like it.

Prep Time: 2 mins☻    Cooking Time: 5 mins☻    Serves: 1☻    Cuisine: European Fusion

IngredientsQuantity
milk                                               1 cup         
white chocolate70 g
crushed green cardamom1 tsp
rose water 1 tsp
sugar to taste


Place all the ingredients together in a sauce pan and cook over medium low heat. Remove from heat when the chocolate is completely dissolved and the milk begins to simmer. Serve hot.



Remove from heat when the chocolate is completely dissolved and the milk begins to simmer. Serve while hot.


Comments