Butternut Squash Chili, Cheese Baked Fries


Butternut squash is a very multifaceted vegetable of autum and winter. I like it for several reasons, it's healthy, tasty and I love the vibrant colour, really lifts me up!.  I make stews, soups, and french fries with it, Yes! you got it right, french fries. They are low carb, healthy and ultra delicious. To make them even tastier, I have added my own personal twist and used  parmesan cheese.

In addition to all the information regarding these tasty baked fries. I want to let you know that you don't have to be a fan of butternut squash to like them because soon they will win your heart. They are ready in a jiffy i.e. if you have mastered the art of cutting match sticks out of a butternut squash.

I sometimes cut out the sticks of 3 or four butternut squashes, place them in bags and refrigerate. When ever I need to make the fries I take out a packet place the sticks on a baking tray and then toss with olive oil, seasoning and cheese, easy isn't it?  I haven't tried freezing the chips yet because I am afraid that they might turn soggy when baked after freezing.


IngredientsQuantity
butternut squash                                        1 whole        
olive oil 3 tbsps
paprika1 tsp
grated parmesamn5 tsp
salt1 tsp

Prep Time: 10 mins☻    Cooking Time: 40 mins☻    Serves: 4☻    Cuisine: European


Wash and peel the butternut squash with the help of a peeler, Pat dry and cut into match sticks with a sharp knife.


Sprinkle with salt, paprika and parmesan cheese. Drizzle with olive oil.


Bake at 200 degrees C for 40 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Serve with your favourite dip.


Comments