White Chocolate and Coconut Cake

White Chocolate and Coconut Cake

white-chocolate-and-coonut-cake-dessert-party-tea-hightea-birthday-holiday

I was born with an inherent liking for sweet foods. I have tamed my sweet tooth over the years, but it still bothers me from time to time. Oh! how I wish my sweet tooth could have fallen out along with my milk teeth, so I would not have been caught in the battle of controlling my cravings, which I am not good at controlling at all.   The bitter truth is! sweet tooth is always there you just  have to control it.

Anyway after a long and rather serious discussion with my daughter who is tired of my cravings it was agreed that from now on, I will make something sweet twice a week which will eventually be limited to once a week.So today I thought this week's first dessert should be special.

This white chocolate cake is as elegant and beautiful as the snow white in the legendary fairy tale of snow white and the seven dwarfs. Basically, it is a sponge cake with a coconut filling and a soft creamy frosting. To bring out the flavor of coconut I have toasted it and then sprinkled on top of the cake.

 To make this decadent cake you will need a list of ingredients which are listed below:

Ingredients:

3 whole eggs
2 egg whites
150g sugar
60 ml oil
140g all-purpose flour
1 tsp BP
pinch salt

For The White Chocolate Filling:

130g double cream
15g white chocolate
25g butter
25g coconut cream or coconut flour

For The Frosting:

185g cream cheese
100g condensed milk

Method:

Start with beating three whole eggs with sugar, beat till the mixture is fairly thick. Set aside.


Beat the whites with pinch salt until stiff. Set aside


Gradually add oil to the yolk mixture while beating either with a hand or electric mixture.


Separately mix the flour with BP. Add this flour mixture, a small amount at a time to the yolk mixture. 
Keep folding in the flour until all the flour has been added.


Add the stiffly beaten egg whites.


Fold gently into the mixture.


Pour the mixture into a cake mould and bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees.

                                       
  Once baked set aside to cool.   
Prepare the filling by boiling cream in a pan, add white chocolate and 50g butter and coconut cream.Cook till thick. Beat till smooth leave to cool.


 To Prepare the Frosting:

Beat the cream with condensed milk and set aside.

Assembling the cake:
Cut the cake in two equal parts. Place the white chocolate filling on the bottom half spread to cover.


                          Spread evenly on the lower half of the cake.
                                         Place the second half on top.
                                                      Spread the frosting on top. 
   Neaten with the help of a pallet knife.

Toast some desiccated coconut. Cover the cake with it and serve.


Hope you like this recipe and will try it in your kitchen. Thanks for visiting this page.
Phew! this was a long post I must have burnt a lot of calories while composing it. Ira can you pass me another piece of white chocolate and coconut cake, please!


Comments