Chickpea Chocolate Truffles (sugar free and gluten free)

Chickpea Chocolate Truffles (Sugar Free and Gluten Free)



chickpea-chocolate-truffles-dessert-nobake-healthy-desserts



I think that these days many mothers are in a constant battle just making their kids eat for health.
I am one of those and I am on a mission to create healthier food options for my kids with ingredients that they hate into recipes that they fall in love with.

My son who turned eighteen this year is the fussiest eater in the world. He eschews from all lentils, most vegetables and red meat. So you can guess how frustrating it is for me to create a meal plan that he likes.

Sometimes I tend to sneak healthier options into his food, sometimes he finds out and sometimes he doesn't. Two of my latest inventions have been a success. I am sharing the first one today, it is chickpea truffles. Why? I had to experiment with this ingredient because he is the worst enemy of chickpeas or you can say vice versa.

No matter how I try to make them whether in the form of a stew or rice he refuses to eat. He loves chocolate, so after a period of trial and error I came up with this foolproof recipe of chickpea chocolate  truffles. The happiest part of this story is that he never found out what was the secret ingredients used in making the recipe.

Actually while I was trying to take a picture of my hard labor (the hardest part was formulating the perfect combination of ingredients) and I know the other hard part is taking a photo which I am not good at - at all. During this whole period, he kept on asking "mom can I taste one now "and that was when I realized that my efforts will bear fruit today.

Now let's get to making the chickpea truffles by gathering some ingredients and following some steps which are very easy.

IngredientsQuantity
boiled and drained chickpeas                                           150g
melted dark chocolate2-3 tbsp
thick honey or maple syrup2-3 tbsp
dark cocoa powder2 tbsp
dry milk powder to veganize add equal amounts of tofu2-3 tbsp

Method:

Place the boiled and drained chickpeas and pulse in a food processor. Add the thick honey.


Now add in the melted dark chocolate and cocoa powder


Sprinkle 2 tbsps of milk powder and mix up altogether until smooth.


Now form small balls about the size of truffles. The balls will not be as neat but don't worry after rolling in cocoa powder or chopped nuts they will have a prettier look. 


The next step is to roll the balls in cocoa powder or finely chopped nuts.


There is no need to keep these in the freezer. They will be fine in the fridge for 3-4 days. For longer periods, these can be frozen.

I hope you like this recipe, these truffles are a guilt-free way to enjoy your favorite sweet treat and nobody will ever be able to guess that these are made with chickpeas.


Comments