Tutti Frutti Ice cream

Watch the video recipe for Tutti Frutti Ice Cream


Tutti Frutti Ice-Cream

tutti- fruitti-ice cream-recipe-glazed-cherries-pistachio-raisins-easy-homemade-healthy-cream-condensed-milk-evaporated-milk-


I love nostalgic recipes that  take me down my childhood memory lane. One such recollection is of tutti frutti ice-cream. I remember relishing tonnes of this delicious flavour throughout my childhood summers.

The word tutti frutti is derived from the Italian language which means all fruit. Strange that having spent thirteen years of my life in that country. I never saw or heard of it. Pardon, my ignorance if I am wrong but can't remember my summertime indulgences with this particular type.

However, as mentioned above I do remember savouring the flavour in Pakistan. We never made homemade ice- cream in Pakistan. It was when we moved to Italy that I was introduced to the extraordinary texture and flavour of gelato, and I decided to make my own.

In order to accomplish this desire, I even bought my own ice-cream maker which was faithfully serving me for about a decade. It was until only a few days back when I found out that it was breathing its last and I thought of giving it a final try before arranging for the funeral. So to pay tribute to my gelateria's "life of service" what could have been better than this extremely delicious and pretty looking tutti frutti.

Don't worry if you don't have a gelateria (ice ream maker) just pour the mixture in an airtight container lined with  cling film and freeze for an hour or two. This is also how I make Kulfi and my  No-Churn Rocky Road Ice cream.Take out of the freezer and whisk with a fork and freeze. Keep repeating this process of whisking and freezing and hopefully you should have a soft and creamy ice- cream without having to use any equipment.

Also Watch Other No Churn Ice cream Recipes:


Prep Time: 30 mins☻    Freezing Time: 8 hrs☻    Yield: 1 1/2 liter☻    Type: Dessert
                                                                                           
                                                                                                                                                                 

IngredientsQuantity
whole milk                                                             1 cup              
double cream260g
sugar2 1/2 cups
mascarpone250g
evaporated milk2 cups
mixed candied fruit and nutsas needed

Method:

Place the milk and sugar with cream in a pan. Place the pan with the mixture on medium heat to cook. Just remove before mixture is about to boil.


Add the rest of the ingredients and blend so that the mixture is smooth and homogeneous.
Cool to room temperature before placing in the fridge. Refrigerate for 3-4hrs.


Take out the mixture and pour in the ice-cream maker and churn. It takes about 20-30 minutes for the ice-cream to be ready. Add the candied fruit and nuts, place in a container and leave to freeze for one to two hours.


Scoop out the mixture into serving bowls.
















I hope you like this recipe above all its homemade. You now know my favourite dessert! which one is your's?

Comments