Spicy Broccoli Stir Fried With Nuts

Spicy Broccoli Stir Fried With Nuts

broccoli -stir- fried -with -nuts-vegan-gluten-free-corn-free-vegetables-healthy

Winter vegetables are loaded with healthy nutrients but some people think that vegetables are boring.
My broccoli stir fried with garlic and red chilies is a delicious solution for such people. I make it a point for my family to eat broccoli at least once a week. Since my kids aren't very keen on broccoli soup so I make it stir fried and thank God they like it.

I have used garlic and red chili powder which up lifts this ordinary vegetable. Red chilies not only add heat but also dimensions of subtle flavours. Pine nuts add texture and crunch. I have also made use of cashews that I bought on my trip to Saudi Arabia. They serve the same purpose as pine nuts but their taste takes the dish to a whole new level.


Prep Time: 8 mins☻    Cooking Time: 15 mins☻    Serves: 5☻    Cuisine: Chinese Fusion


IngredientsQuantity
broccoli2 medium heads
spring onions chopped
chopped garlic2 cloves
cayenne pepper or black pepper1 tsp
olive oil4 tbsp
pine nuts30 g
cashew nuts 30g 
saltto taste

Chop onions into small pieces and sauté until translucent. Add the chopped garlic and cook for half a minute.



Now add the washed broccoli separated into florets and washed also add cayenne pepper or black pepper and salt.
Separately toast the pine nuts nuts and cashews, set aside. Cook the broccoli until tender. Add the toasted nuts. Serve as a side dish.


This broccoli stir fried with nuts goes very well with pasta or roast meat.


Comments