Prawn Stir Fried Rice

Prawn Stir Fried Rice


prawn-stir-fried-rice-easy-quick-one-pot-healthy-Chinese-mushrooms-carrots-peas-spring-onions-


After my Prawn Curry and Prawn Toast recipe this stir fried rice is not only very much in demand but rather easy to make. I am always eager to stir up a batch of Prawn Fried Rice whenever I  am short of time.

I like recipes that don't require long trips to the supermarket. Mostly I like cooking my meals with readily available ingredients. I always keep prawns in my freezer because I use them in a lot of recipes.

In this recipe I am using some seasonal vegetables along with prawns. I like to use light soy sauce but you can use dark soy sauce if you like.  I love adding a dash of chili sauce for a nice kick.

Prawn fried rice is a delicious one pot meal it contains each and every entity of  what a complete meal should be. I like to whip up one pot meals for one simple reason.... minimal effort, lesser clean up.

This prawn fried rice is also ideal for freezing, you can prepare a double doze and freeze half for using later on.


IngredientsQuantity
long grain rice550g
prawns325g
carrots 2 medium
peas2 medium
mushrooms8 tbsp
spring onions 3 medium
egg1 large
black pepper1tsp 
chili garlic sauce2 tbsp
soy sauce 1 tbsp
saltas needed
vegetable oil  or peanut oil 3 tbsps

Method:

Boil the pre-soaked rice in abundant boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside.

prawn-stir-fried-rice-omelette-egg-fried-Chinse-food-easy-recipe

Beat the egg with pinch salt and pepper and fry in 1 tbsp of oil. Chop into strips or very small pieces and set aside.

prawn-stir-fried-rice-easy-recipe-one-pot-meal-prawn-rice-Chinese-food



Chop up the vegetables into very fine pieces.

prawn-stir-fried-rice-easy-recipe-Chinese-mushrooms-carrots-spring-onions

Fry the prawns in 1 tbsp oil until light pink in colour. Set aside.

prawn-stir-fried-rice-easy-recipe-one-pot-meal-fried-prawns-

Take 2 tbsp of oil and fry the chopped vegetables. Also add the peas. Stir fry for a minute on high heat 

prawn-stir-fried-rice-easy-recipe-one-pot-Chinese-recipe-

Add the black pepper, salt chili sauce and soy sauce.

prawn-stir-fried-rice-easy-recipe-quick-meal-Chinese-chili-sauce-soy-sauce-

Now add the cooked rice, prawns and fried egg.

prawn-stir-fried-rice-easy-quick-recipe-one-pot-meal-healthy-peas-prawn-mushrooms-spring-onions-

Mix thoroughly and serve hot.

prawn-stir-fried-rice-easy-recipe-one-pot-meal-Chinese-healthy-recipe-

Comments